20 years of Romanian Federation of Speleology
9th EuroSpeleo Forum
Where the Carpathians meet the Danube
- Where the Danube breaks the Carpathian’s wall, at the Northern border of the Balkans, in one of the largest karst area in Europe
- Along the Danube Gorge, on the Cerna’s tributary canyons, through caves between Olt and Danube rivers
- In Băile Herculane Spa, with accommodation and camping for every taste and budget, near the symposia, exhibition and events rooms
- 5 beautiful, impressive and inspiring show caves
- 7 of the most spectacular caves in Europe and hundreds of caves that can be visited and explored
- 8 magnificent natural or national parks of Romania and Serbia
- Cave and karst discovering opportunities through sports, tourist or scientific itineraries
- Renowned restaurants with traditional cuisine, wines of Dacian origin and Balkan wicker
- Sulphurous thermal baths to strengthen the mind and body health
In 2014 Romanian cavers will celebrate 20 years of organized speleological movement under the umbrella of the Romanian Federation of Speleology (FRS).
Welcome to the webpage of 20 years of FRS and the 9th EuroSpeleo Forum.
Every year, the national caving organizations have the honor to organize the EuroSpeleo Forum under the aegis of the European Speleological Federation (FSE). The event gathers cavers across Europe to report their newest discoveries, expeditions, to share their knowledge, experience and interests in speleology through lectures, posters, movies, and pictures, organized within symposia, festivals and exhibitions. The good mood is always the key ingredient of a successful and pleasant caving gathering.
In 2014, the 9th EuroSpeleo Forum will be organized by the FRS in the area of Băile Herculane – Danube Gorge (Cazane sector). The event hosts tourism activities and cave explorations, exhibitions, the National Congress of Speleology of the FRS, 42nd edition, the European Expeditions Symposium, the EuroSpeleo Image’In Film Festival, the EuroSpeleo Protection Symposium, the EuroSpeleo Cave Rescue Symposium.
We are looking forward to meet you in Băile Herculane, Romania in 2014!
Between August 22nd and 24th 2014 for the EuroSpeleo Forum
And the week before to enjoy the Romanian karst and landscapes!